Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My version of Thai Beef Basil I usually get from take-out. If you can find Thai Basil and Thai Chilies that would be great. Otherwise, I've used regular basil and serrano or jalapeno chilies instead. I freeze the beef for 10 minutes to make it easier to thinly slice.
- Heat wok with oil, add garlic and chiles.
- Add beef and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add onions and basil, stir for 1 minute.
- Add remaining sauce: oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and white pepper.
- Stir fry until cooked, garnish with cilantro.
- Server immediately with steamed rice.
Registered just to comment on this recipe. I've been craving this dish for a few days and finally tracked down a store near by that sells Thai Basil and Thai Chili Peppers. I've made this twice so far, the first time following the recipe exactly and it came out really good, though a tad salty for me. The second time I added 1 tablespoon of sugar rather than 1/2 a tablespoon and that made it perfect for me. Thanks for the recipe!
its a shame this recipe has only 2 review , i was looking for a good recipe like this for a long time and its exacly what i wanned ,thanks alot
I used thai basil and thai chilies. Thanks for sharing it came out delicious.