If you enjoy a glaze-like sauce, remove the lid to the crockpot when the ribs are done. Turn the heat to high (if it isn't already) and simmer until thickened.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1 lb) beef short ribs
- 1 cinnamon stick (about 2 inches long)
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine oil, ginger, curry paste, allspice, salt and pepper in a small bowl to make a paste. Rub on ribs.
- Put ribs, cinnamon, onion & broth into a 4 1/2 quart or larger crockpot. Cover and cook until beef is tender, 6 to 7 hours on low or 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high. Skim excess fat from broth. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.