Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
If you enjoy a glaze-like sauce, remove the lid to the crockpot when the ribs are done. Turn the heat to high (if it isn't already) and simmer until thickened.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1 lb) beef short ribs
- 1 cinnamon stick (about 2 inches long)
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine oil, ginger, curry paste, allspice, salt and pepper in a small bowl to make a paste. Rub on ribs.
- Put ribs, cinnamon, onion & broth into a 4 1/2 quart or larger crockpot. Cover and cook until beef is tender, 6 to 7 hours on low or 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high. Skim excess fat from broth. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
This was very good. We really enjoyed it. I made this with Sauteed Garlic Broccoli - Spicy. I couldn't get bone-in short ribs, only boneless. It was still good. I forgot the cinnamon sticks at the store. I think it was fine without. Thank you Ang11002 for posting this recipe.
I had never made short ribs before and was looking for a simple recipe. This was perfect! The rub came together quickly and they cooked in the slow cooker on low all day. I served over rice and poured the sauce from the ribs over the top (after I tried to skim off as much fat as possible).
This is a really great recipe if you are looking for something with a fast, easy preparation and that cooks all day in the crockpot. The only addition that I made was to brown the ribs in a frying pan before rubbing them with the paste. The taste is flavorful, but if you like spicy foods I would recommend kicking it up a notch by adding some crushed red chili pepper flakes to taste.