Recipe by lauralie41
These little sausages are mildly spiced and perfect for a buffet meal. Also a time saver as they can be made a day ahead and served cold or hot. This recipe can be found in the Quick and Easy Thai Cookbook which was sent to me by my magazine swap partner and friend, Katie in the UP and has many more great recipes! The recipe is also included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 swap, Asia.
Top Review by Az B
Made these this weekend thinking I would have enough for a few meals. Sadly my gluten eating guests decided they were better than the burgers they had and helped me to gobble them up in one sitting. Very tasty and fun to make. I will make these again. Also going to try making and freezing to have on hand for a quick meal in a crunch. Made for ZWT6 Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens
- 14 ounces ground lean pork
- 4 tablespoons cooked rice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, freshly chopped
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- soy sauce or coconut, sambai to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, place first nine ingredients in bowl and knead mixture with your hands until evenly combined. Seperate mixture into twelve balls and shape into small link sausage shapes.
- In a large skillet using medium heat, add peanut oil. When oil is hot begin adding sausage links, in batches if neccessary, and fry for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Turn sausages occasionally to brown evenly on all sides. Serve immediately with coconut sambai or soy sauce.