1/1 Photo of Thai Spareribs
For those days when you are craving slow braised goodness of ribs. The recipe comes from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 lbs spareribs, cut into 2 rib portions
- boiling water water
- 2 large lemongrass, stalks
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or 1/2 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons peanut sauce (Thai)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Arrange ribs in single layer in large roasting pan. Add just enough boiling water to cover ribs. Cover pan with foil. Oven braise ribs 1 1/2 hours.
- 2Cut bottom 2 inches from lemongrass stalk and discard upper portions. Slice lemongrass into thin rounds and place in blender.
- 3Add to the blender 1/2 C soy sauce, sugar, sherry or sake, peanut sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger and blend until almost smooth. Blend in coconut milk and the remaining 6 T soy sauce.
- 4Cool ribs, still covered for 20 minutes. Transfer ribs to heavy duty 2 gallon resealable plastic bag; discard braising liquid. Pour marinade into bag and seal top. Turn several times to coat ribs evenly. Refrigerate overnight. Turn several times.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F Arrange ribs in single layer on large rimmed baking sheets. Spoon marinade from bag over ribs.
- 6Roast uncovered until ribs are very tender, basting often with marinade about 1 1/4 hours. Adjust the time so ribs do not dry out.
- 7Arrange ribs on platter.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Spareribs
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2075.8
- Calories from Fat 1331
- Total Fat 147.9 g
- Saturated Fat 56.4 g
- Cholesterol 548.5 mg
- Sodium 2781.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 136.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: