Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
For those days when you are craving slow braised goodness of ribs. The recipe comes from Bon Appetit.
- 6 lbs spareribs, cut into 2 rib portions
- boiling water water
- 2 large lemongrass, stalks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry or 1⁄2 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons peanut sauce (Thai)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F Arrange ribs in single layer in large roasting pan. Add just enough boiling water to cover ribs. Cover pan with foil. Oven braise ribs 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut bottom 2 inches from lemongrass stalk and discard upper portions. Slice lemongrass into thin rounds and place in blender.
- Add to the blender 1/2 C soy sauce, sugar, sherry or sake, peanut sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger and blend until almost smooth. Blend in coconut milk and the remaining 6 T soy sauce.
- Cool ribs, still covered for 20 minutes. Transfer ribs to heavy duty 2 gallon resealable plastic bag; discard braising liquid. Pour marinade into bag and seal top. Turn several times to coat ribs evenly. Refrigerate overnight. Turn several times.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Arrange ribs in single layer on large rimmed baking sheets. Spoon marinade from bag over ribs.
- Roast uncovered until ribs are very tender, basting often with marinade about 1 1/4 hours. Adjust the time so ribs do not dry out.
- Arrange ribs on platter.