Saw this recipe on Rachael Ray's program on Food Network. Love any recipes for salads that doesn't use mayo. Travels well!!
- 453.59 g shredded cabbage (coleslaw mix)
- 0 seedless European cucumber, sliced thin (I used 1/2)
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (I've also used green ones, whatever I have on hand)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 20 leaf fresh basil, shredded
- toasted sesame seeds
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I use my micro plane)
- 59.14 ml rice wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml toasted sesame oil
- Combine veggies in a bowl. Combine dressing ingredients in a small plastic container and shake well for 1 minute.
- Drizzle sauce over veggies and toss to coat evenly. Let stand 10 minutes and re toss before serving and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.