Recipe by ~*~KissTheCook~*~
These delicious Shrimpcakes are served with the recipe I posted for Chili Lime Sauce, or Sweet Chili Sauce. I use Franks Sweet Chili Sauce. It's a new product and can be found with Franks Red Hot Sauce in the grocery store. Either way, they are wonderful! NOTE: Prep time includes time in the fridge.
- 16 uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined (about 1 pound)
- 1 large egg
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sriracha sauce (found in the International section in the supermarket)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs, divided (breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop shrimp in processor.
- Add egg, green onion, lemon juice, mustard, cilantro, Sriracha sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend in using on/off turns.
- Add 1 cup panko and blend in using on/off turns.
- Form mixture into twelve 3-inch" diameter cakes.
- Roll cakes in remaining 1 cup panko.
- Transfer cakes to waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate 10 minutes. (Can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Cover, and refrigerate.).
- Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in heavy large skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, fry cakes until cooked through and golden brown on both sides, adding more oil to skillet as needed, about 6 minutes.
- Place on paper towels to absorb any oil after frying.