Recipe by mliss29
From the Food section of the Kansas City Star. This is really good. The only sauce I could find at my grocery store was Thai garlic-chili sauce, which is really good. And I don't toast the almonds. sigh. I'm a lazy chef. This goes well with Thai Sweet-And-Sour Cucumber Salad, Thai Sweet-And-Sour Cucumber Salad.
Top Review by bigbadbrenda
Hubby said he wiould order this in a restaurant. I added some of the coconut to the sauce at the last minute. This will be a staple at our house. Made for ZWT4 Chic Chefs plus it was used for the Aussie recipe swap 15
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce, Thai-style
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- green onion, chopped (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to the package directions, but replace half the water called for with coconut milk.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp and cook 3-4 minutes until pink.
- Add chili sauce and stir until heated through.
- Stir almonds into cooked rice and top with shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with onions.