1/2 Photos of Thai Shrimp Toast Meets Bitter Melon
No carbs here! I used the bitter melon in place of the bread. Do take note that bitter melon is very for you, Yes this tropic fruit is bitter and a required taste but do check it's health benefits here http://bittermelon.org/heal/healthbenefits You may be surprised.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the melon lengthwise and remove the seeds and fiber.
- 2Place in a brine of 1 tablespoon salt and a cup of water. Adding more water to cover.Let the bitter release into the water for 1-2 hours.
- 3Rinse and towel dry. place on a paper towel while preparing the paste.
- 4Cut again lengthwise to form long beds to place the shrimp paste.
- 5Place the remaining ingredients except the oil in a blender or food processor and pulse to form an even paste.
- 6Heat oil over medium high heat.
- 7Top each melon slice with shrimp paste.
- 8Place melon side down in hot oil and fry for 3 minutes,.
- 9Turn 1/3 way and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- 10Turn another 1/3 way and fry 1-2 minutes.
- 11Turn back to melon side and fry 1 more minute.
- 12remove and drain on paper towel.
- 13Serve as finger food or as a side to a meal.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp Toast Meets Bitter Melon
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 477.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: