- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 ounce uncooked rice noodles
- 4 medium romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 sheets round rice paper (8-inch)
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 medium shrimp, peeled,steamed,and halved lengthwise (about 4 ounces)
- 20 slices cucumbers, seeded,peeled and julienne cut (2-inch)
- 20 slices green onion tops, julienne cut (2-inch)
- 20 slices carrots, julienne cut (2-inch)
- 12 medium fresh mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare sauce, combine vinegar, honey, fish sauce, and curry paste, stir well and set aside.
- To prepare rolls, cook rice sticks according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Drain well.
- Trim fibrous ribs from lettuce leaves to flatten leaves.
- Add hot water to a large, shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch.
- Place 1 rice paper sheet in dish; let stand 30 seconds or until soft.
- Place sheet on a flat surface.
- Arrange 1 lettuce leaf over sheet.
- Top lettuce with 2 basil leaves, 4 shrimp halves, 2 tablespoons noodles, 5 cucumber strips, 5 carrot strips, 5 green onion strips, and 3 mint leaves.
- Fold sides of sheet over filling, and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Gently press seam to seal.
- Place roll seam side down on a serving platter (cover to prevent dryin).
- Repeat procedure with remaining rice sheets.
- Serve with the sauce.