1/4 Photos of Thai Shrimp & Rice Soup
This gem comes from the Food Network Kitchens. It's simple, very quick to prepare and has the authentic flavors of Thai cooking. I hope you enjoy this simple, flavorful soup! *For the lemongrass stalk: Remove the tough outer layers of the lemongrass stalk (usually 2 or 3 pieces) ; cut off the root end; place your knife flat against the root end and trim stalk; slice the stalk starting at the bottom and moving up until it becomes too tough and woody.*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 -2 teaspoon sriracha sauce (chile-garlic sauce)
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 inches piece lemongrass, thinly sliced (see note in description)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb medium shrimp, raw, without tails, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked rice, preferably jasmine
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon, juice of (3 to 4 T.)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1*You can chop the lemongrass (see the how-to in the recipe description) and cilantro as the chicken broth simmers*.
- 2Put the chicken broth, sriracha sauce, celery and carrot in a med. saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- 3Add the lemongrass, fish sauce, sugar and and simmer another good 5 minutes or so.
- 4Stir in the shrimp and rice and simmer just until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes more.
- 5Pull the saucepan off of the heat and stir in the lemon juice and cilantro.
- 6Ladle the soup into warm bowls and enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp & Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.8
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 2116.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: