Recipe by Krsi Sue
I love the taste of coconut milk in food & when I saw this recipe in a Better Home and Garden Magazine, I had to share it. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes so they do not burn. Refrigeration time can be done the same time as the skewers are soaking.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime peel, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, grated
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 -3 cups rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together milk, lime peel, lime juice, sugar, curry, hoisin, and ginger.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the milk mixture over the shimp.
- Cover shrimp and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining milk mixture.
- Drain shrimp and discard marinade.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces.
- Grill for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turns opaque, turning skewers while cooking.
- Simmer reserved milk mixture 5 minutes.
- Mix into hot rice.
- Serve Shrimp over rice.