1/2 Photos of Thai Shrimp Fried Rice
An easy version. Feel free to add some extra veggies, or sub another protein for the shrimp. This recipes lends itself to easily adjusting ingredients to your liking. Enjoy! Note: This will serve 2 as a main course or 4 as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 cups cooked rice (can be made with fresh or 'old' leftover rice)
- 2 cups medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh red chili peppers, minced or 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried chili, to taste
- 1 egg
- 3 green onions
- 1 carrots, grated or 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1Stir all 'stir fry sauce' ingredients together in a cup until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- 2Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle in 1-2 tablespoons oil, then add garlic and chili. Stir-fry 30 seconds to release the fragrance, then add shrimp. Stir-fry until shrimp turn pink and plump (2-3 minutes). If needed, add a little more oil or 1 teaspoons water to keep ingredients moist and sizzling.
- 3Add carrot and fresh coriander and continue stir-frying 1-2 more minutes.
- 4Add rice and drizzle the stir-fry sauce over. Use a large flat utensil or spoon, use a scooping motion to fry rice 2-3 minutes, or until sauce is well distributed.
- 5Push rice aside to clear a space in the middle of your pan. Add 1-2 teaspoons more oil, then crack in the egg. Quickly scramble egg, gradually combining it with surrounding rice.
- 6Remove from heat. Sprinkle over white pepper and stir in the green onion. Taste-test the dish for salt balance. At this point I usually add 2-4 teaspoons more fish sauce, as I like mine on the flavorful/salty side, but this also depends on how much rice you're making. If you happen to find it too salty, squeeze over some lime or lemon juice. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 2334.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
medium raw shrimp