Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A taste of the Orient - very elegant
Make and share this Thai Shrimp Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup neufchatel cheese
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce or 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- cooked and peeled shrimp (optional)
- lime wedges (optional) or lemon wedge (optional)
- 1 sprig cilantro (optional)
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a food processor, and process until minced.
- Add lime juice, fish sauce, and tofu; pulse until blended.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat; sauté ginger and garlic 2 minutes.
- Add to shrimp mixture, and pulse until combined.
- Add onions and chopped cilantro, and pulse 3 to 4 times.
- Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Garnish dip with additional shrimp, lime/lemon wedges, and cilantro sprig, if desired.