1/1 Photo of Thai Shrimp Curry
This is so easy to throw together. I have been able to get this on the table pretty fast when I've had unexpected company, and it is a big hit. I like to serve it over couscous or basmati rice. (Make sure you use unsweetened coconut milk, not sweetened coconut cream.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- couscous or rice
- 1In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and pepper; cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add curry, ginge3r and salt; cook 5 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes and milk.
- 5Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add shrimp and cilantro.
- 6Cook, stirring, until shrimp are opaque, about 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in peas.
- 8Serve over couscous or rice.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp Curry
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.3
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 486.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 29.6 g