This is so easy to throw together. I have been able to get this on the table pretty fast when I've had unexpected company, and it is a big hit. I like to serve it over couscous or basmati rice. (Make sure you use unsweetened coconut milk, not sweetened coconut cream.)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- couscous or rice
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and pepper; cook 5 minutes.
- Add curry, ginge3r and salt; cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and milk.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add shrimp and cilantro.
- Cook, stirring, until shrimp are opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in peas.
- Serve over couscous or rice.