Recipe by Abby Girl
I got this recipe from my wonderful SIL. Most of the sauce can be done up to a day ahead of time, with the poaching of the shrimp and herbs left to the end. The sauce can be frozen quite successfully. I served this with long grain rice to soak up the wonderful juices
- 1 -400 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 500 g large shrimp (1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place coconut milk in skillet and boil for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, fish sauce, lime rind and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes. (Can be done ahead of time.).
- Stir in shrimp and poach till done, 3 - 4 minutes.
- Stir in basil, cilantro and lime juice.