Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Food network's kitchen cookbook "Making It Easy." The photo makes me want to eat the page! Can't wait to try this! Serve with hot cooked Jasmine rice, garnished with sliced scallions.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 lb shrimp, medium-sized, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared Thai red curry paste
- 1 stalk lemongrass, only the white part, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ears baby corn, about 1/2 a can
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned water chestnut, sliced, drained
- 1⁄2 cup canned straw mushroom, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, torn
- 1 lime, juice of
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and stir fry just until pink and curled but not cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Skim the thick cream from the surface of the coconut milk and add it to the skillet along with the curry paste. Cook, stirring until smooth and fragrant and a bit shiny, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining coconut milk, lemongrass, fish sauce, brown sugar, and salt and simmer for 3 minutes, uncovered.
- Return the shrimp to the pan along with the baby corn, scallions, water chestnuts, and straw mushrooms.
- Simmer until the shrimp finish cooking, about 3 minutes more. Pull the pan off the heat and stir in the basil, mint and the lime juice.
- Serve with Jasmine rice sprinkled with some scallion, if desired.