1/6 Photos of Thai Shrimp (chili) Soup
This originally came from a Weight Watchers cookbook and I adapted it slightly for a chili cookoff at work. It ended up as a finalist and was voted "Most Memorable". I really enjoyed the flavor and it is very quick to put together, which is even better! 4 WW points for 1 cup serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili paste with garlic
- 1 1/2-2 lbs uncooked shrimp, peeled (medium-size)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained (I use ones with green chiles)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced (I use a mix of crimini and oyster)
- chopped cilantro (for garnish, optional)
- 1Combine coconut milk, ginger and chili paste in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add shrimp, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- 2Combine flour and soy sauce in a small bowl, and stir with a whisk, then add to coconut milk in saucepan.
- 3Add tomatoes, green onion, lime juice and sugar, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- 5Return the shrimp to the pan and cook until thoroughly heated.
- 6Serve sprinkled with cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp (chili) Soup
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.9
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 783.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
chili paste with garlic