Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This spicy shrimp is absolutely wonderful served over shredded cabbage. When I am in a hurry, I use pkgd coleslaw mix instead.
- 1 cup cabbage (shredded)
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 cup onion (sliced)
- 8 large shrimp (uncooked, cleaned)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (fresh, minced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In small skillet, stir fry the cabbage in 1 tsp oil for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry onion & garlic in the remaining oil until tender.
- Add the shrimp, water, & soy sauce; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in cilantro and pepper flakes.
- Serve over cabbage.