1/1 Photo of Thai Shrimp and Roasted Red Chili Stir-Fry
Crystal Rose's Note:
This recipe tastes just like it came from a restaurant! I found this on the Thai Kitchen website. The sauce can be made to suit your taste. The best part is that it's simple but impressive (and next-day leftovers taste great too!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped (2-3 cloves)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2-1 tablespoon brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon thai kitchen roasted red chili paste
- 2 -3 tablespoons thai kitchen premium fish sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 12 ounces large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (optional) or 1/2 cup water (optional)
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1In a large wok or skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- 2Add the garlic and onion and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- 3Add the brown sugar, roasted red chili paste and fish sauce and continue stir-frying for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion starts to wilt and soften. (Tip: start with the minimum amounts of these 3 ingredients and add more to taste. I like mine with more brown sugar and 1/2 Tbsp more chili paste).
- 4Add the peppers and peas and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp have turned orange-pink in color and are cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6If the sauce needs thickening, combine cornstarch and chicken broth or water and add to wok. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- 7Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve with hot jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp and Roasted Red Chili Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.9
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 271.3 mg
- Sodium 1659.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 39.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste