Recipe by rickoholic83
From Cooking Light "Recipes On The Go."
Top Review by teresas
This is exactly the same recipe that I have in my old weight watcher's cookbook called "Two's Company". It has 8 points for 2 cups. You want to store the shrimp-pasta mixture and vinaigrette separately in the refrigerator; toss just before serving. This has a nice tangy asian flavor and it makes alot. Thanks, rickololic83 for posting.
- 2 ounces linguine
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup boston lettuce leaf, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 9 1/2 minutes, omitting fat and salt.
- Add carrots and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine pasta mixture, shrimp, lettuce, cilantro leaves and peanuts in a large bowl. Toss well.
- Combine lime juice and remaining 7 ingredients in a jar.
- Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Pour over pasta mixture, tossing gently to coat.