Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Save on cleanup by cooking the pasta, vegetables and shrimp all in one pan.
Top Review by melsmom
This is one of our favorite meals. It is so easy. Using one pot makes clean-up a snap. The taste is fantastic. We have this when we have to eat and run(or even when we don't). I sometimes replace the broccoli with asparagus. My Son likes it this way even better.
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets (5 cups)
- 1 lb fresh shrimp or 1 lb frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil (or cooking oil plus dash bottled hot pepper sauce)
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cashews or 1⁄3 cup almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 qt Dutch oven, bring a large amount of water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook 4 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pink.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine peanut butter and soy sauce.
- Stir in vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil, gingerroot, and garlic.
- Drain spaghetti mixture and return to pan.
- Add peanut butter mixture, green onions and nuts.
- Toss gently to coat.