Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love shrimp and this was amazing. Add the cashews they give the little crunch.
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- 3 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon szechwan seasoning
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup salted cashews
- Place lemon grass and water in 1-quart glass measure; cover and heat in microwave on high for 5 minutes; cool. Remove lemon grass to cutting board. Reserve water. Slice lengthwise then finely chop.
- In large skillet, combine lemon grass, reserved water, wine, garlic salt and Szechwan seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink and mixture thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling salted water until done. Drain and rinse pasta. Return pasta to saucepan. Add spinach and shrimp mixture; toss. If desired, garnish with chopped salted cashews.