This is a quick-fix recipe using convenience products you can usually find in your supermarket. When I made it the first time, I bought the coconut milk, but forgot to add it. I have made it now both with and without, and we prefer it without the coconut milk. You might want to taste it before you add the coconut milk yourself and see if you want to stop there. The recipe is from Cooking Light magazine, and is only mildly spicy.
- 709.77 ml reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 236.59 ml bottled clam juice
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 9.85 ml instant minced garlic
- 7.39 ml bottled minced fresh ginger
- 3.69 ml red curry paste
- 226.79 g packagepresliced mushrooms
- 226.79 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 226.79 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 85.04 g packagetrimmed snow peas
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml sliced green onion tops
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 382.71 g can light coconut milk
- Combine chicken broth, clam juice, fish sauce, minced garlic, minced ginger, and red curry paste in a large Dutch oven, stirring with a whisk.
- Add mushrooms, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, chicken and snow peas; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice, sugar, green onions, cilantro and coconut milk.
- Cook 2 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.