1/1 Photo of Thai Shrimp and Chicken Soup
This is a quick-fix recipe using convenience products you can usually find in your supermarket. When I made it the first time, I bought the coconut milk, but forgot to add it. I have made it now both with and without, and we prefer it without the coconut milk. You might want to taste it before you add the coconut milk yourself and see if you want to stop there. The recipe is from Cooking Light magazine, and is only mildly spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 (8 ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (3 ounce) package trimmed snow peas
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1Combine chicken broth, clam juice, fish sauce, minced garlic, minced ginger, and red curry paste in a large Dutch oven, stirring with a whisk.
- 2Add mushrooms, bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes.
- 4Add the shrimp, chicken and snow peas; bring to a boil.
- 5Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes.
- 6Stir in lime juice, sugar, green onions, cilantro and coconut milk.
- 7Cook 2 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp and Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 121.1 mg
- Sodium 602.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
red curry paste
light coconut milk