Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This simple salad is deliciously piquant. If you love Thai food, you'll recognize the flavors instantly. This salad is easy to make and looks beautiful on a plate.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups medium shrimp, boiled and cooled
- 1 1⁄4 cups squid rings, boiled and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup rice noodles (ie ( bean threads)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 Thai red chili peppers, thinly sliced (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup white mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- lime wedge, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the fish sauce, lime juice, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- Soak the glass noodles in water for 10 minutes. Place noodles and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, then drain noodles and rinse under cold running water to take the heat off.
- Place the noodles, shrimp, squid and the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly to coat.
- Arrange the salad over lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with the roasted ground peanuts and serve with lime wedges.