Recipe by PaulaG
A similar recipe was emailed to me and I made several changes to create this spicy dish.
Top Review by cpartch
I made this for a small dinner party I was having and the only regret was ... I didnt make enough. My guests were looking for seconds. The only minor change I made was adding a little bit of coconut milk (2 Tbs) with the lime juice at the end. Highly recommended!!!
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium jalapenos, minced
- 4 green onions, cut on diagonal in 1 inch lengths
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (31 to 40 count)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup jasmine rice, cooked as per package instructions
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch; set aside.
- Place a skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add the oil, garlic and jalapenos; sauté for 2 minutes, add the shrimp, red pepper flakes and continue to cook until shrimp turn white; 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the basil and mint; stir in the lime juice mixture and cook an additional 2 minutes; or until shrimp are pink and thoroughly cooked serve over a bed of jasmine rice.