Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Delightfully HealthMark. Serve with hot brown rice and garnish with green onion. Delicious.
Make and share this Thai Sesame Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb lean beef, well trimmed
- Combine onions, soysauce, water, sherry, sugar, sesame seeds, garlic and pepper in a bowl; mis well to dissolve sugar. Place meat in a shallow glass dish and pour marinade over. Prick all over with a fork to allow marinade to penetrate. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight; turn occasionally.
- Drain meat, broil or grill to desired doneness, basting occaionally with marinade.
Very tasty! We cut the beef in strips to expose more surface to the marinade, then broiled it and served it with glazed baby carrots and rice. Nice! Made for Pick A Chef.
Did this under the broiler and served it with brown rice and broccoli. Very yummy! I think I'll try it in the cast iron grill pan next time just to give it more of a char.