Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
I love Thai food! This tastes so fresh!
Make and share this Thai Seared Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) packages firm tofu, drained
- cooking spray
- 6 cups cooked vermicelli (about 12 oz. uncooked pasta)
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large baking dish; stir with a whisk until blended.
- Cut each tofu cake crosswise into 4 slices.
- Place tofu slices in soy sauce mixture, turning to coat slices.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Remove tofu slices from dish, reserving marinade.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium high heat.
- Add tofu slices; cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
- Add reserved marinade to skillet; bring to a simmer.
- Spoon noodles onto individual plates; top with tofu slices.
- Drizzle marinade over tofu and noodles.
- Yield: 4 servings.
- I sometimes like to coat the tofu with cornstarch (after marinating) and fry the tofu until it gets crispy on the outside, then procede with recipe.
This is a delicious way to serve tofu, quick to prepareand perfect for weeknight dinners. Made for Veg*n Swap #3
My family & I did not care for this one at all. Perhaps I did something wrong in the recipe, but we found it far too salty and visually unappealling. I wouldn't make again.
Loved it! I made this completely as written served over brown rice vermicelli and it was so good. A definite keeper, thanks Sharon.