1/2 Photos of Thai Seared Tofu
I love Thai food! This tastes so fresh!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) packages firm tofu, drained
- cooking spray
- 6 cups cooked vermicelli (about 12 oz. uncooked pasta)
- 1Combine first 11 ingredients in a large baking dish; stir with a whisk until blended.
- 2Cut each tofu cake crosswise into 4 slices.
- 3Place tofu slices in soy sauce mixture, turning to coat slices.
- 4Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- 5Remove tofu slices from dish, reserving marinade.
- 6Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium high heat.
- 7Add tofu slices; cook 2 minutes on each side.
- 8Remove from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
- 9Add reserved marinade to skillet; bring to a simmer.
- 10Spoon noodles onto individual plates; top with tofu slices.
- 11Drizzle marinade over tofu and noodles.
- 12Yield: 4 servings.
- 14I sometimes like to coat the tofu with cornstarch (after marinating) and fry the tofu until it gets crispy on the outside, then procede with recipe.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Seared Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1090.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 26.8 g