Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
hot and spicy- reduce curry paste if needed
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 cans light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 1 lb mussels, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (fish sauce) (optional)
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- put curry paste in lge heavy pot, add 1/2 can coconut milk, bring to boil.
- add remaining coconut milk and water.
- add seafood, cover and simmer until mussels open, about 4 minutes.
- discard unopened mussels add basil, lime juice, nam pla and serve over rice.
A whole variety of seafood, and a wonderful combitnation of curry paste and basil really make this dish special!
Wonderful, Chia!! I added some Japanese eggplant I had, and half a red onion that was hanging around. Left out the mussels because I can't eat them. Boy, was this GOOD! We had it for dinner on Friday, fought over the leftovers for lunch on Saturday! Can't wait to make this again! Thanks!
This recipe is so easy but a definite for a special dinner, lovely seafood and the basil is a lovely change from the usual coriander that would normally go with a Thai style recipe.