1/1 Photo of Thai Seafood Soup
Wild Thyme Flour's Note:
Am amazing thai soup , bursting with flavour with every mouthful. It might seem rather compicated but it isn't really.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g king prawns, uncooked
- 500 g squid
- 2 liters water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 dried kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 300 g white fish fillets, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, leafs
- 1Shell prawns and reserve heads. Chop the squid into bite size pieces or strips.
- 2combine the prawn heads and stock, slowly bring to the boil, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Cool, strain the stock and throw away heads.
- 3Heat oil in pan, add onion, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and sauces, cook until the onion is soft.
- 4add the stock, seeds, juice, leaves,bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stir in coconut milk and sugar, simmer 5 more minutes.
- 5Just before serving add the seafood and simmer about 2 minutes until they are cooked. Cooking the squid longer will result in a rubbery squid.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Seafood Soup
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.7
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 312.0 mg
- Sodium 634.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce