Any reason to fire up my grill I'm there. This is another one of those summer time meals your sure to love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups uncle ben's converted brand orginal rice
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1/2 lb bay scallop
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 6 green onions with tops, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup prepared thai peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, place shrimp and scallops in medium bowl. Combine soy sauce and sesame oil; pour half of mixture over shellfish, tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. Reserve remaining soy sauce mixture for basting.
- 3Alternately thread shrimp, scallops, bell pepper and green onions onto twelve 12 inch metal skewers. Brush with half reserved soy sauce mixture. Spoon Thai peanut sauce over each skewer, coating evenly. Grill 8 minutes or until shrimp are pink and scallops are opaque, turning and brushing once with remaining soy sauce mixture and Thai peanut sauce.
- 4Stir peanuts into cooked rice; place on serving platter. Top with seafood kabobs. Serve immediately.
- 5Garnish with minced fresh cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Seafood Kabobs With Spicy Peanut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 848.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 29.3 g