Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Any reason to fire up my grill I'm there. This is another one of those summer time meals your sure to love.
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncle ben's converted brand orginal rice
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 6 green onions with tops, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup prepared thai peanut sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place shrimp and scallops in medium bowl. Combine soy sauce and sesame oil; pour half of mixture over shellfish, tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. Reserve remaining soy sauce mixture for basting.
- Alternately thread shrimp, scallops, bell pepper and green onions onto twelve 12 inch metal skewers. Brush with half reserved soy sauce mixture. Spoon Thai peanut sauce over each skewer, coating evenly. Grill 8 minutes or until shrimp are pink and scallops are opaque, turning and brushing once with remaining soy sauce mixture and Thai peanut sauce.
- Stir peanuts into cooked rice; place on serving platter. Top with seafood kabobs. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with minced fresh cilantro, if desired.
No stars, because I think this dish is entirely dependent on the brand of peanut sauce chose. Ours was much too hot, but that isn't the fault of the recipe. Be sure you choose a sauce you are familiar with, as it is the main seasoning in this dish.