1/2 Photos of Thai Seafood Curry over Coconut Jasmine Rice
Chandra M's Note:
This is a simple and fairly authentic tasting curry. If you aren't able to get grouper or prefer a less expensive alternative, you may substitute halibut, haddock, tilapia, or other firm white fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons mae ploy green curry paste (to taste)
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined (I prefer 16-20s so they are not overdone)
- 1/2 lb scallops (either sea or bay scallops will work, but I prefer sea)
- 1/2 lb grouper, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 cup light coconut milk (about 1/2 can)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (AKA Nam Pla)
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 10 snake beans, cut in 2-3-inch pieces or 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into flowers (see below for instructions)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1To cut carrot flowers, peel or scrub carrots and cut into 4 inch lengths.
- 2Using a very sharp knife cut a small V out of the side by placing the sharp edge of the knife down the length of the carrot piece, twice.
- 3Repeat this 3-4 times per carrot piece.
- 4Slice into 1/4-1/2" thick 'flowers' to finish.
- 5In a saucepan with glass lid, combine 1 1/2 cup water, 3/4 cup coconut milk, and rice.
- 6Cover and bring just to a boil; immediately reduce heat to lowest setting and cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 7Do not remove lid or stir while cooking.
- 8Heat the oils in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- 9Add the garlic and curry paste and saute until fragrant (about 3 minutes).
- 10Add the shrimp, scallops, and fish; saute for 3-5 minutes until shrimp is almost done.
- 11Add the vegetables (beans, carrots, peppers, lemongrass) and cook for 1 minute.
- 12Add all remaining ingredients and simmer covered for 3-5 minutes.
- 13Remove lemongrass and serve over jasmine coconut rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Seafood Curry over Coconut Jasmine Rice
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.7
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 1310.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste
light coconut milk
light coconut milk