Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
scallops with sweet basil is hot and very easy to prepare - this dish will make you look like a pro when it comes to thai food
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and cut into slivers
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 -2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup holy basil leaves, loosely packed
- parboil scallops for 3 seconds (i often skip this part).
- heat well seasoned pan or wok over high heat and add the oil. when oil is hot add the garlic, stir fry until garlic turns light brown, being careful not to burn.
- add the scallops and chili peppers. stir fry several seconds. add the green onions, oyster sauce, and sugar.
- stir fry 2 minutes or until scallops are almost done. add the basil leaves and stir fry another 10 seconds, until the leaves are wilted. serve immediately with jasmine or brown rice and red bell pepper rings.