Recipe by Tisme
An Asian version of the old Aussie favorite. Lightly spiced and very nice! The quantity depends on the size you make, I made a smaller batch, by cutting pastry in 3 and this time I got about 40. Served with sweet chilli sauce they are delicious and I have also frozen these with great success.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Everyone loved these, even my not-so-spicy-loving children! Lovely subtle bite to these delicious nibbles, excellent snacks or lunchbox treats! thanks, Tis, made for ZWT9, Pink Panthers!
- 500 g ground chicken
- 125 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- sweet chili sauce, extra, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mince, cream cheese, breadcrumbs, carrot, onion, chilli sauce, and curry paste in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half. Spoon 4 tablespoons of mince mixture along one long edge of each pastry sheet. Brush the opposite edge with egg and fold pastry over to enclose filling. Lightly press edges together to seal. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Trim each end and cut into rolls. Place rolls on greased baking trays.
- Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes or until mince is cooked and pastry is crisp and golden.
- Serve hot with extra chilli sauce.