Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A terrific Asian twist to an old favourite. From a Philadelphia cream cheese packet, I think.
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1 (125 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium carrot, medium grated
- 1 medium red onion, medium finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- chili sauce, extra for serving (sweet)
- Combine mince, cream cheese, carrot, onion, chilli sauce, and curry paste in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half; spoon 4 tablespoons of mince mixture along one long edge of each pastry sheet, brush the opposite edge with egg and fold pastry over to enclose filling.
- Lightly press edges together to seal, brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds; trim each end and cut each roll into two.
- Place rolls on greased baking trays.
- Bake at 200deg°C (400degF) for 15-20 minutes or until mince is cooked and pastry is crisp and golden.
- Serve hot with extra chilli sauce.
A six star recipe! I knew this would be great because I like anything with green curry paste. I made smaller appetizer size versions with ground pork for a tapas party and the tray was one of the first cleared (of over 200 kinds of appetizers!)-people even started asking for them as I walked from the parking lot to the party. One of Zaar's very best.