Prep 24 hrs
Cook 12 mins
Marinade for one of our favorite Thai appetizers
- 4.92 ml grated ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 14.79 ml red curry paste (Thai)
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 59.14 ml coconut cream (or milk)
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 4.92 ml granulated sugar
- 453.59 g pork or 453.59 g chicken or 453.59 g shrimp or 453.59 g beef
- Cut meats thin to fit on skewers later.
- Combine ingredients and marinade meat overnight or 1 - 2 hours in a vacuum bowl.
- Place meat on skewers and cook over open flame (BBQ).
I used this to recreate one of my favourite takeaway satay's in Dunedin. I marinated some chicken before grilling & serving under some Khmer Satay Peanut Sauce with rice & coleslaw, it was perfect! Extremely quick & easy. We will definitely be using again & often!! Thanks :)
So, so, so good! I followed the recipe exactly. My husband wants more. I will double the recipe next time. Thank you for posting the recipe.