Recipe by chia
i got this in my email sept 2003,and it looked perfect for these long summer days- and it is.
Top Review by CASunshine
This was very good! A wonderful mixture of sweet, salty and slightly spicy. Next time I'll use more chile pepper as I think I'd like it with a little more kick! Will make a great hot weather meal!
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 Thai chiles, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- mixed greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Prepare the dressing by combining the fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and chopped chiles in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place the salmon filet on a baking tray, and rub olive oil over.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until easily flaked.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Place salmon filet into a big bowl; use fork to break salmon meat into big chunks.
- Add onion, tomato and basil; pour dressing over, and toss lightly until well mixed.
- Place mixture on lettuce leaves, and serve immediately.