1/4 Photos of Thai Salmon on Asian Slaw
A seared salmon fillet on a bed of spicy broccoli slaw makes for a very filling and delicious meal. This recipe is designed for 2 but can easily be increased to serve 4 or more. This recipe was developed for RSC #13.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 piece gingerroot, grated (Approximately 2 inch length.)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (Use lite if available.)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1Place all the dressing ingredients (except water) in a blender container and process until smooth. Thin with water if necessary, it should be a little thicker than a vinaigrette. Reserve 2 tablespoons for basting fish.
- 2In a large bowl combine the broccoli slaw, cucumber, green onion and cilantro; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat; stir in coarsely chopped peanuts, reserving a small amount for garnish, add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste; mix well. Set aside while cooking salmon.
- 3In a heavy skillet heat the olive oil unit hot; add salmon fillets, skin side down, baste with reserved dressing. Sear for 3 to 4 minutes; turn the salmon, remove skin and brush with dressing; continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn and sear until salmon is done and flakes easily when tested with fork, approximately 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 4To serve, divide the slaw on 2 serving plates and top with cooked salmon; garnish with reserved peanuts.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Salmon on Asian Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.4
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 1193.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 46.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar