Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
The Thai-kick your egg noodles and tinned salmon are crying out for!!
- 1 head broccoli (seperate the florets and blanch)
- 2 carrots (julienne and blanch)
- 375 g egg noodles (dry weight)
- 1 (418 g) can salmon (reserve the brine)
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 50 g creamed coconut (one sachet)
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup Thai basil (optional) or 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Blanch the cut vegetables. Remove and keep warm.
- Make the sauce: combine the peanut butter, the reserved brine, and the 8 ingredients that follow, in a small pan over medium heat (enough heat to melt the peanut butter and creamed coconut). Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Prepare the dried egg noodles according to the instructions on the packet. (I use the leftover vegetable water to cook the egg noodles -- its already hot, and full of vitamins!).
- Drain the noodles. Stir in the sauce and the basil or cilantro (aka coriander) (optional). Flake the salmon and fold it into the noodles.
- Fold in the vegetables or serve them on the side. Ensure that the meal is warm throughout, and ENJOY!