Recipe by Gaelige Coinnaigh
Found this recipe in my local paper a decade ago. Wonderful mix of meat and greens! Approx cooking time (what they call passive work time) includes marinating time for steak.
Top Review by dawnxena1
Have made this several times, and it is always a hit. great flavor combinations with an authentic thai taste. i always grill my meat on a charcoal grill. wonderful. i did not change any ingredients in the recipe. its great
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut in half lengthwise and thinly slice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, in thin shreds
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chopped garlic, pepper and salt in small bowl and grind into paste. Spread over steak and marinade at least 1 hour.
- Over medium charcoal fire, grill steak to preferred doneness. Cut into thin strips about 2 inches long. While beef is grilling, whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, minced garlic, pepper flakes, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, ginger and lime juice.
- To assemble the salad, toss the beef with the cucumbers, bell pepper, lettuce, onions and dressing. Arrange on 6 plates and sprinkle with peanuts.