Recipe by lamarb
A very healthy and delicious addition to any meal. Very simple to prepare if you have a mandolin or shredding knife. A box grater will work although it will be a much coarser consistency.
- 4 tablespoons finely julienned jicama
- 4 tablespoons finely julienned carrots
- 4 tablespoons finely julienned daikon radishes
- 4 tablespoons finely julienned papayas
- 4 tablespoons finely julienned cucumbers
- 4 tablespoons coarsely julienned pre- cooked duck breasts (leftover)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dark sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon light sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 lime wedge, for each serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the seeds and place in a small dry skillet. Toast lightly until they give off a pleasant aroma. Remove from the skillet to prevent scorching and reserve.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients except the duck and lime wedge and toss gently but thoroughly. You can substitute any meat for the duck.
- Serve, garnishing with the duck meat and squeezed lime wedge and a sprinkle of the toasted seeds.