Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces skinless boneless turkey breasts, cut crosswise into strips
- 3 tablespoons smooth natural-style peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped of fresh mint
- 3 cups small tender spinach or 3 cups kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely choppedc roasted unsalted peanuts
- Prepare rice according to pkg.
- directions spread the rice in a shallow baking pan and place it in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the water, broth, ginger, and garlic in a medium skillet.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer to 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey, cover, and cook, stirring frequently for 4 minutes or until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the turkey to a plate; cover losely with waxed paper to keep it moist.
- Increase the heat to high and return the broth to a boil.
- Boil for 6 minutes, or until the broth is thickened and reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, honey and salt.
- Whisk in the broth and continue whisking until smooth, add a few drops of hot water if the mixute becomes too thick.
- Add the rice, turkey and any juices, cabbage, pepper, onion and mint.
- Toss to coat well.
- Arrange the spinach or kale on a platter.
- Mount the salad in the center and sprinkle with the peanuts.