Recipe by MaryMc
This has a wonderful spicy flavor. It's great for potlucks because you can make it ahead of time and it doesn't need reheating.
Top Review by karencooks
Yum, we enjoyed this salad very much! I used Brown rice, seasoned rice wine vinegar and added 1/4 C chopped peanuts for extra crunch. Also used Siracha hot sauce (two squirts) instead of Cayenne pepper. Next time I will add some carrot or sliced red pepper to add some additional color.
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste--I like more)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, cut into thin strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and cayenne.
- Add peanut sauce, chicken, cucumber and onion to rice and mix well.
- Just before serving, stir in spinach.