Thai Rice Noodles With Spicy Beef and Long Beans(For Two)
- In large bowl, cover noodles with boiling water and let soak for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In wok or deep frying pan, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry garlic for 15 seconds. Add peppers; stir-fry for 5 seconds. Add beef; stir-fry until browned and still pink inside, about 2 minutes. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Add fish sauce and soy sauce, lime juice, 2 tablespoons (25 mL) water and sugar. Add long beans; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp.
- Add drained noodles; stir fry until coated, about 2 minutes. Return meat and bean sprouts to wok; toss to combine well. Sprinkle with coriander and basil; toss to combine. Serves 2.
- If Thai bird peppers are not available, use 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced, or 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) hot pepper flakes.
- If long beans are unavailable, use 6 ounces (175 g) regular green beans, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths.
- Canadian Living.