Easy and very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces rice noodles (90 g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (25 mL)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 thai bird bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces grilling top sirloin steaks, thinly sliced (180 g)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (25 mL)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (10 mL)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (5 mL)
- 3 ounces long beans, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm)
- 2/3 cup bean sprouts (150 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander (50 mL)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil (25 mL)
- 1In large bowl, cover noodles with boiling water and let soak for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2In wok or deep frying pan, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry garlic for 15 seconds. Add peppers; stir-fry for 5 seconds. Add beef; stir-fry until browned and still pink inside, about 2 minutes. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- 3Add fish sauce and soy sauce, lime juice, 2 tablespoons (25 mL) water and sugar. Add long beans; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp.
- 4Add drained noodles; stir fry until coated, about 2 minutes. Return meat and bean sprouts to wok; toss to combine well. Sprinkle with coriander and basil; toss to combine. Serves 2.
- 6If Thai bird peppers are not available, use 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced, or 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) hot pepper flakes.
- 7If long beans are unavailable, use 6 ounces (175 g) regular green beans, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths.
- 8Canadian Living.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Rice Noodles With Spicy Beef and Long Beans(For Two)
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.5
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 2541.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 31.8 g