Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and very good.
Make and share this Thai Rice Noodles With Spicy Beef and Long Beans(For Two) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces rice noodles (90 g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (25 mL)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 thai bird bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces grilling top sirloin steaks, thinly sliced (180 g)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (25 mL)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (10 mL)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (5 mL)
- 3 ounces long beans, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm)
- 2⁄3 cup bean sprouts (150 mL)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander (50 mL)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil (25 mL)
- In large bowl, cover noodles with boiling water and let soak for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In wok or deep frying pan, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry garlic for 15 seconds. Add peppers; stir-fry for 5 seconds. Add beef; stir-fry until browned and still pink inside, about 2 minutes. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Add fish sauce and soy sauce, lime juice, 2 tablespoons (25 mL) water and sugar. Add long beans; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp.
- Add drained noodles; stir fry until coated, about 2 minutes. Return meat and bean sprouts to wok; toss to combine well. Sprinkle with coriander and basil; toss to combine. Serves 2.
- If Thai bird peppers are not available, use 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced, or 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) hot pepper flakes.
- If long beans are unavailable, use 6 ounces (175 g) regular green beans, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths.
- Canadian Living.