Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My kids love helping me make this. Another lunch box special.
- 1 lb rice noodles
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley (washed and chopped)
- 2 (8 ounce) bags frozen peas
- 10 large shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon european-style cultured butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon organic tamari soy sauce
- 1 cup cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon ume plum wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups spinach leaves (washed and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (raw)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro (washed and chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Prepare rice noodles as directed on the package. We used Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles, which cook easily and do not become too sticky. After fully cooked, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Prepare veggies. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt Organic Valley unsalted, cultured butter and add the minced garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the shiitakes, cabbage, 1 tablespoon tamari, Eden brand Ume Plum vinegar (sweet, salty, and a vibrant violet color), and cook for another 7-10 minutes. Add the frozen peas, baby spinach, and sesame seeds and toss to combine with other ingredients. Cook for 2 minutes or so (until the spinach wilts slightly and peas are warm). Cover, remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl. (This is fun for the children) Juice the lemon, and fish out the seeds, please. Whisk the Red Curry Paste, sesame oil, tamari, and Maple Syrup into the lemon juice. In a huge bowl, mix rice noodles with the sauteed veggies, add fresh cilantro, and toss with dressing. Cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!