Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Yummy and so easy to make! Add firm tofu if you wish to add some protein.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cm fresh gingerroot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 400 g coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (or Thai fish sauce for non-vegetarians)
- 150 ml vegetable stock (or chicken stock for non-vegetarians)
- 1 bunch basil, cut into strips
- 350 g prepared pumpkin, roasted and cubed (butternut or jap)
- 100 g fine green beans, trimmed and halved
- 100 g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, stalk and seeds removed, cut into strips
- For the curry base, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the ginger and garlic and cook gently for 1 minute without browning. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk, sugar, lime juice, soy sauce and stock and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin and beans and simmer for 6 minutes. Add the sweet corn and red capsicum and simmer for a further 5 to 6 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. Stir in the basil leaves and serve with some steamed rice.