- Most Helpful
- Highest Rating
This was good. I used the last of my red curry paste & needed the 2nd TB. The pumpkin cooked quicker than I expected so it was soft while the asparagus neeed more time. Pattypans weren't available so I sliced up a crookneck squash. Made for PAC Fall '07.
This Pumpkin Curry was absolutely delicious!! there were a few changes that I made to it as follows:
1. instead of the pattypan squash AND because it is August and no fresh pumpkin is available at this time, I used a pound of butternut squash. Also added about 2 Tbs of sliced lemongrass during the first step while cooking the onions. ( A little secret from my Malay friend)
2. I also added tofu in the last couple of mins of cooking for added protein and just because we love it in our curry dishes. First use extra firm tofu cut into 1 inch cubes. Dust with cornstarch then fry in 2 Tbs oil til all sides are lightly browned,( about 30 secs on a side). place tofu on paper towel to drain off excess oil. Add to curry last min just to heat through.
3. I also added veggies from the fridg. that I wanted to use up; zuchini and some green beans added about 3 mins before curry done in addition to the asparagus.
4. I also used homemade red curry paste 'Red Curry Paste' by tigerduck, Red Curry Paste, which is really fabulous! I had made mine pretty hot as we lived in Malaysia for four years near the Thai border and we love the authentic HOT. You can always add more coconut milk to the recipe if it is too hot for your tastebuds. Also,
5. My husband dishes out his jasmine rice on his plate and pours the curry over the rice. I, however, love my curry in a bowl and add just a small amount of rice to it as I LOVE it more like a soup! Either way. . .this recipe is delicious!!