Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fast and easy to make, wonderful flavours without being too hot. A favourite weeknight meal, tasty and healthy. Taken from 'The Complete Stir Fry Cookbook'.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lb diced lean pork
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup corn kernel (= 2 corn cobs, kernals removed)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas or 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Thai basil
- Heat oil in wok, add curry paste and stir fry for one minute.
- Add pork, stir fry until lightly browned.
- Add coconut milk and one cup water, bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add corn and peas to wok, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, brown sugar, lime rind and basil leaves, toss well.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Great flavor! I only added about 1-1/2 TB of red curry paste and it was almost too hot to eat! My DH nose was running and he couldn't eat it. Next time I think I will only add about a teaspoon of the curry paste and maybe some carrots.
Great flavor, I thought the sauce was a little thin, and I would add water chestnuts for crunch. Overall, one I will make again.
Once again, I used ground pork and was a bit conservative on the curry paste--but really, what a splendid and easy dish. Thanks, Beck!