Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
Thin slices of pork cooked in a spicy coconut sauce with aubergines. Simple to cook dish with not too many ingredients. Start to finish in 30 minutes for a super tasty meal.
- 1 lb pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 medium aubergine, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, pulp or 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 fresh red chilies, sliced lengthways
- In a wok melt the coconut cream, and cook for 4 minutes, do not allow it to brown, stir from the sides of the wok to the middle.
- Add the curry paste, sugar and fish sauce, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the pork and stir fry for 6 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the aubergine and lemon grass, cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles and garnish with the sliced chilie.